Personal taste doesn’t come in a box. And neither should your interior design.
At Lifestyles Furniture, we understand that it’s your life, your home. And rather than following someone else’s idea of a passing trend, your decor should reflect a distinct sense of style that’s uniquely you and fits the way you live.
Our local design experts ask lots of questions to get to know you, your space and your vision, so that we can customize your furniture to meet your needs.
If you’re looking for a little inspiration, here are a few personal touches for making your home truly yours.
- Decor that tells your story. Start with pieces that could only come from your own life and nowhere else. Display those mementos from school or framed letters from your grandmother. Pair that still-beautiful coffee table with a lovely new couch or sofa to enjoy the magic of old and new working together.
- Photos. Celebrate with images of the people, places and events that made you who you are today. Hang larger photos in the hallway or living room, while letting smaller pictures grace your desk or bookshelf. Protect accent tables with custom coasters featuring some of your favorite images. And don’t forget to enhance all your photos by placing them in the perfect picture frames.
- Travel highlights. Your favorite destinations can give your home a boost. From your honeymoon to summer camp to your family’s favorite theme park, a few sentimental postcards, photos and souvenirs from life’s journeys will inject an energetic vibe into almost any room.
- Items that reflect what you love. Got a passion for painting, photography or music? Cleverly arranged art supplies, cameras and musical instruments add a creative touch to almost any decor. Show off your green thumb with beautiful indoor plants and garden-themed art. Or make space for those lovely figurines or other favorite objects you’ve collected over the years.
- Art. Whether you prefer abstract drawings or lush landscapes, you don’t have to break the bank to find beautiful works of art for your home. Hang a larger print to create a pleasing focal point. And when your young Picasso brings home a masterpiece from school, you don’t have to just stick it on the refrigerator. Find a cool frame and display it on a shelf in the den!
- Rugs. From dining areas to entryways to the living room, rugs come in all shapes, sizes, colors and textures. The perfect accent or area rug adds a comforting tone and ties all your furniture and other elements together.
- Lighting. Whether you prefer classic or quirky, lamps in a range of styles create a welcoming mood and instantly transform a whole room. Both floor lamps and table lamps add light exactly where you need it, and models that include a dimmer let you enjoy just the right amount of illumination.
- Storage & organization. Put your own spin on keeping your home clutter-free. Attractive wall hooks give you a convenient place to hang your coat. Post daily reminders on a bulletin board coordinated to match the rest of your hallway. Bookshelves, cabinetry, media centers and other pieces can all be designed to complement your personal taste while providing plenty of space for your favorite things.
- Color. They say your favorite color says a lot about you. Whether you prefer cool, breezy pastels or bold, vibrant hues, work with a design expert to customize furniture fabrics with the perfect colors and patterns to reflect your personality.
Interior design is really all about you, and your style should be whatever makes your space uniquely yours. When choosing your furniture, a store that can provide a wide assortment of custom fabric choices as well as multiple configuration options gives you a truly customized experience.
At Lifestyles Furniture, our local design experts take you through a showroom that includes literally hundreds of colors and patterns, and we can tailor your furniture to give it the exact look you need.
Contact us today to schedule your own free design consultation — and bring your design dreams to life!