With holiday decorating season upon us once again, it’s easy to feel more stressed than jolly – especially if it’s your turn to host the annual celebration.
Everyone wants room after room of Instagram-perfect displays to show off, and even more so if you’re welcoming guests who haven’t visited your house in years.
But don’t panic! There are lots of fun and simple ways to create a festive atmosphere for making memories your family and friends will cherish for years to come.
Here at Lifestyles Furniture, we’ve put together a few room-by-room seasonal makeover tips for getting your home holiday-ready.
A Welcoming Entry
Let your guests know you’re glad to see them with inviting entryway decorations.
- Your front door wreath can be made from lots of different materials, like traditional evergreens or seasonal plants like poinsettias. Add your own personal touch with lights or even a few favorite ornaments.
- Greet your guests with a few refreshments prepared on a lovely foyer table. Clear the table of its usual items and lay down a beautiful table runner and a selection of drinks and light snacks. Add a few decorations or candles to make the setting even brighter.
A Living Room Designed for Conversation
For the living room and other social spaces, the right mix of formal and friendly helps everyone feel relaxed. Customize your living room decor with entertaining in mind. You can even plan ahead to determine the best arrangement for accommodating the Christmas tree and other decor.
- Position couches, sofas, loveseats and accent chairs to facilitate good conversation while giving everyone an enchanting view of your decorations.
- A lovely coffee table is a great spot for serving drinks and snacks when visitors come to call, and also makes the perfect home for a simple but fabulous seasonal centerpiece that may include candles, evergreen sprigs and other festive elements.
- End tables and accent tables give you another great place for lighting, storage and holding refreshments.
A Fun and Festive Dining Room
Even a formal dining space can be comfortable and functional for sharing that holiday feast with those you care about most.
Once you’ve chosen the perfect dining room set, dress up the table for everyone to enjoy when it’s time to carve the turkey or slice the pumpkin pie. Candles, evergreen boughs, pine cones, apples and oranges are great options for a colorful, custom centerpiece that reflects your personal style.
A Cozy Guest Bedroom
Let your guest bedroom and bathroom be a calming retreat where guests can kick back and relax after a busy day of travel and holiday merriment.
- Help guests feel organized by providing empty drawers, closet space or baskets to hold personal items. Other nice touches include an extra notebook and pens, grooming supplies and ample bedside lighting.
- Make sure everyone gets a good night’s sleep by outfitting your guest bed with a cushy mattress topper, super-soft sheets, snuggly throw blankets and cuddly pillows. Provide an extra fuzzy robe and comfy slippers just in case someone forgot.
- Decorate the room with soothing photos, artwork and plants, and leave a few magazines, puzzles or card games on hand for a little light entertainment when guests are ready to unwind.
Getting your whole house ready for the holidays can seem like a monumental undertaking, but a few easy touches are all you really need to create a fun, festive and relaxing atmosphere for your guests, one room at a time.
Want even more helpful hints for holiday decorating?
Download our free Home Holiday Makeover Guide or set up a consultation with one of our local design experts at Lifestyles Furniture!
Leave a Comment