If you are wondering how to fill some extra time at home this summer, now might be the perfect time to liven up your home décor.
And what better way to get the look you want than with fabulous home furnishings tailored to fit your unique taste, your lifestyle and your budget?
When choosing upholstery for your furniture, you’ll want to think about your overall sense of style as well as your practical needs.
What’s Your Home Decor Style?
Choose upholstery that matches the ambiance of your home, whether you’re going for traditional or contemporary, casual or formal. Our design consultants will help you find the best mix of colors, patterns and textures for getting the look you want.
- What’s the size of your space? Big, bold patterns help to fill out large rooms, while more intricate designs will be right at home in smaller, cozy spaces.
- What about the size and shape of your furniture? A large sofa or sectional will look fantastic with a beautiful, solid color, while clever patterns add interest to accent chairs and other smaller pieces.
- What’s your color palette? If you’re looking for something that won’t be out of style by next year, start with a classic neutral. Then add color for a sense of personality. Go with light shades for a bright, airy mood, or darker hues for a more sophisticated atmosphere.
What Are Your Practical Needs?
You also need upholstery fabrics that fit in with your lifestyle.
High-traffic areas call for durable fabrics, while little-used spaces are the best place for more delicate materials. People with allergies will want to choose fabrics that are lint-free and that don’t attract dust.
- Who lives in your home? A faux leather or suede will be easy to clean and still look fabulous in homes with kids or pets. Velvet is another material that gives you an upscale look that stands up to everyday usage.
- How much upkeep are you prepared to do? Check the manufacturer’s care instructions and keep the appropriate cleaners on hand.
- How will it age? Some fabrics fade, while others develop a patina as time passes.
- How long will it last? Higher thread counts and tight weaves tend to hold up well. Woven patterns usually last longer than printed ones. Ask our designers about resistance to stains, moisture and light.
At Lifestyles Furniture in Columbia, MO, you’ll find a vast selection of fabrics in a wide range of colors, patterns and textures. Nearly every item on our showroom floor is fully customizable.
Contact us or come by to choose the best home furnishings for your home!