If a home decor makeover is on your 2020 to-do list, you may be wondering where to begin.
Our friendly design professionals at Lifestyles Furniture are here to help! We offer personal design consultations along with a showroom full of beautiful furnishings to choose from.
To help you out, we’ve put together five of our favorite ideas for sprucing up your spaces in the new year.
#1: Add a Natural Touch
Bring the best of the outdoors inside, no matter what the weather does! Quality furnishings made from natural materials add a charming coziness that looks right at home in traditional and contemporary rooms alike. Great possibilities include:
- Sturdy, eco-friendly materials like wood or bamboo
- The relaxed elegance of rattan or wicker for chairs, tables, lighting and more
- Appealing organic fabrics like canvas, sisal, boiled wool or boucle
#2: Make It Multi-Functional
Looking for fabulous furnishings that do more than just look fabulous? Need to get more mileage out of a small space?
Multi-functional furniture continues to be a popular favorite for adding stylish convenience to any room in your home. Make every square foot count with fantastic finds like these:
- Tables and beds with drawers and shelves
- Lamps, chairs and other accents with charging ports and clever compartments
- Desks or shelves that fold up when not in use
#3: Add Metal to the Mix
With a huge variety of finishes and designs available, metal furniture gives you a plethora of ways to add a unique flavor to your decor.
- Chic metal accents complement the look of wood and fabrics.
- Go glam with shiny gold, silver or brass. Or take a more rustic path with quiet, understated finishes.
- Sharpen things up with clearly-defined angles, or tap into the softer side of metal with gentle curves.
- Liven up social areas with metal dining or coffee tables. Bar carts and console tables also do a great job of filling out your favorite spaces.
#4: Create Textural Interest
Want to give your home an even more inviting atmosphere? Carved embellishments transform ordinary wood or metal pieces into one-of-a-kind treasures. Fabrics featuring curiously woven patterns are as beautiful to the touch as they are to the eye.
- Velvet continues its hot streak into the new year, bringing upscale comfort to sofas, chairs and more. Start with clean lines and geometric shapes, and enhance the look with rich jewel-tones like blue, green and ruby.
- Upholstered headboards add a luxurious feel to master and guest bedrooms. Great options include rich leather, refined linen or cushy velvet (See above!).
- Bring a little drama to the table. Metal grills, shattered glass patterns and other details are perfect for updating a formal dining space or dressing up a casual breakfast nook.
#5: Go Big on Personality
Finally, one size doesn’t fit all when it comes to great home decor. Look for quality furnishings that look great and express your own individual style.
- Include statement furnishings. Add a splash of fun with curved seating and custom upholstery. Complete the look with an oversized lamp or accent chair.
- Liven up a room full of neutrals without opening up a paint can! Energize your space effortlessly with eye-catching colors for chairs, lamps, side tables and other pieces.
- Give your home a contemporary vibe with an updated take on Mid-Century Modern. You can get the look you want with smooth shapes and bold hues for sofas, console tables and chairs.
- Craving a sense of nostalgia? Homeowners of all generations are achieving the heart-warming look of “Grandma chic” by incorporating traditional lines, exquisite details, graceful throw pillows and charming decorative accessories.
Want even more great ideas for updating your home decor?
Schedule your design consultation with Lifestyles Furniture today. We’ll help you select the perfect furnishings to fit your life and your budget!