In a world where trends come and go, more and more folks are looking inward for inspiration.
It’s all about creating a personalized home decor that reflects your story, your values and the people and things you care about most.
Today’s interiors are big on “individuality, warmth and personality”. A 2019 survey found that 58% of designers from around the world say their clients want customized pieces, up from just 44% in 2018.
If you’re looking to make a one-of-a-kind statement with your interiors, our design team at Lifestyles Furniture in Columbia, MO can tailor your furnishings to bring your vision to life with a wide variety of colors, patterns and sizes to choose from.
Personalized home furnishings add unique interest to spaces throughout your home, from the living and dining areas to master and guest bedroom suites. Here are a few tips for getting the most out of your custom furniture designs!
Do Some Planning
Some things to consider before scheduling your design consultation:
- Review the layout of your space. Do you need to update the whole house or just one or two rooms? Snap some photos and jot down a few ideas to share with your local designer.
- Take measurements to help you choose furnishings in the ideal size and shape.
- Have some favorite colors, patterns and styles in mind.
Choose Your Fabric and Customize
Now comes the fun part! Your designer will start with your ideas and help you find the perfect options for achieving the results you want.
- Look at samples. Pinterest boards and glossy magazine pages are great for getting ideas, but when it’s time to make a selection, there’s nothing like the look, touch and feel of the real thing.
- Where will your new furnishings be displayed? Does an item need to stand out or blend in? Bold colors and clever patterns inject new energy to your space, while neutral hues and patterns blend in effortlessly for a more subtle effect.
- Need something kid- or pet-friendly? Ask for stain-resistant, durable fabrics that are easy to clean, made to last and look fabulous.
All furniture at Lifestyles Furniture is customizable and our showroom is filled with hundreds of patterns and colors. Schedule a free design consultation and find out just how fun and easy the customization process can be!