It’s happened to us all. You can’t help but walk through the cinder covering all the snowy sidewalks and streets. You come inside and take off your gloves and coats. The shoes seem like too much work to remove and it’s been a long day. So you snuggle up on the couch and before you realize it, your feet have scraped the fabric and there’s an ugly cinder stain staring back at you. Never fear. Cinder will disappear with these few simple steps:
- Use a clean, preferably white, cloth dipped in any dry cleaner and dab at the stain lightly, careful not to smudge.
- Keeping dabbing at the stain until all of the cleaner is absorbed.
- Repeat until the stain disappears.
If you find yourself without a dry cleaning solvent, try this:
- Mix one tablespoon liquid dish detergent with two cups of cool water.
- Sponge the stain using the solution and a clean cloth.
- Blot until the liquid is absorbed.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 until the stain disappears.
* Both of these methods will work for cinder as well as ash. ** Examples of dry cleaning solvents are products like Resolve or OxyClean. Keep Lifestyles Furniture in Columbia, Missouri, in mind for all of your furniture needs. We carry a wide selection of sofas, tables, chairs, bedroom and dining room sets and home accessories.