A new year doesn’t have to mean a new you. Your resolutions can be as simple as learning to appreciate what you already have, spending more time with family, or putting away an extra 10% savings for a newer car. Regardless of what your resolutions are, you deserve a home that makes you feel comfortable and satisfied. Here’s our suggestion for 2015 resolutions for a home that’s more “you”:
- Use coasters on tables to avoid water rings
- Remove furniture that doesn’t fit your style anymore and either update it with a coat of paint or new fabric, or give it to someone who will love it.
- Repairs! Stop putting a book under the short leg of the table, get all of your broken furniture repaired for a fraction of the cost of buying something new.
- Give your space a thorough cleaning, decluttering and organizing. Unnecessary mess creates feelings of stress and guilt. By decluttering and getting rid of things you don’t need, there will be less to keep organized.
- Never underestimate the power of accessories. A room can be given a new mood with a few pillows, rug, wall art, curtain, lampshade or decorative throw.
- Invest in furniture that you want to last a lifetime like a beautiful wood bed and save the IKEA run for smaller, trendier pieces of furniture and home goods.
Keep Lifestyles Furniture in Columbia, Missouri, in mind for all of your furniture needs. We carry a wide selection of sofas, tables, chairs, bedroom and dining room sets and home accessories.